About the SID
First established in 2009 under Mayor James J. Kennedy, the Rahway Arts District (its original moniker) was organized to promote and enhance the business, educational, civic and cultural life of the Special Improvement District (SID) of Rahway. Over the years, the organization most recently became known as the Rahway Arts & Business Partnership. In July of 2021, the Rahway City Council became the official District Management Corporation for the City of Rahway’s Special Improvement District. Central to the mission of the Rahway SID is to promote the economic well-being of all businesses within the City of Rahway and maintain a strong partnership between arts and business communities.
If you are looking to move into the SID area or if you would like to learn more about the Special Improvement District, please contact us at RahwaySID@cityofrahway.com.
What We Do
- Promote, grow and support local businesses, property owners, residents and patrons within the City of Rahway
- Utilize targeted economic development and marketing initiatives to retain and attract new businesses to the city.
- Work in conjunction with the City of Rahway and Rahway Redevelopment Agency to enhance the city’s quality of life through programming and development.
- Create a culturally diverse, vibrant and economically sound community within Rahway.
- Develop activities and programs that encourage the long term success of the arts and business communities.
When We Meet
The Rahway Special Improvement District Meetings are held immediately following the 7PM City Council Meeting in the council chamber located at 1 City Hall Plaza, Rahway, NJ 07065. The meeting dates for 2022 are as follows:
- Monday, January 9, 2023 (Reorganization Meeting) (View Agenda)
Monday, February 13, 2023(Cancelled)
- Monday, March 13, 2023 (View Agenda)
- Monday, April 10, 2023 (View Agenda)
Monday, May 8, 2023(Cancelled) Monday, June 12, 2023(Cancelled) Monday, July 10, 2023(Cancelled)
Monthly reports concerning the SID are to be submitted to the City Council during its monthly meeting(s) and shall become part of those meetings. Any issues concerning the SID may be discussed at the monthly meeting(s) of the Rahway City Council.
Mayor’s Advisory Committee
Appointed by mayor and confirmed by the city council. Terms run through December 31, 2021. Beginning Jan. 1, 2022, three members will be appointed to one-year terms (including the Chamber of Commerce president or designee) and two members to two- and three-year terms, respectively.
Owner of Residential Property in SID
Owner of Gaspard Arts Academy
Owner of Butch Kowal’s Tavern
Owner of Atelier Rosal & President of the Rahway Chamber of Commerce
Owner of Academy Glass
SID Ad Hoc Committees
Members are selected by the Rahway City Council without need for appointment to address a specific need only and will be called upon periodically to give advice and recommendations to the city council. Terms run through December 31, 2021.
Owner of The Coffee Box
Financial Advisor at Edward Jones
General Manager of Liberty Harley-Davison
Owner of Cubanu
Owner of Millie and Joy
Arts & Culture Committee
Owner of Rahway Dance
Owner of Atelier Rosal
Rahway Zoning Board of Adjustment
Director of the Union County Performing Arts Center
Pedro De Paz
If you are a Rahway business owner looking for help getting started or promoting your establishment; or, if you are an artist looking to make Rahway your home, please contact us.